Sunday 23 May 2010

It's like my lungs are filled with chains...

Man, I miss Jim Carrol like I miss being 17 years old.
So many great words handpicked and woven into killer lines and on into a story blanket to hide under and study with a torch and a magnifying glass - ultimately derailing whatever masturbation schedule your working to. And them guitars are for real too. I roamed around the world of this album for so many years. I play it now and I'm still roaming it; I never wanna find my wayback. I can't think of an album that says 'modern' like this does.
You should check him out from all angles because there was so much more to the guy. But this was what he did with these musicians at this time. Such a moment in time. And those albums are always the best. Click


1 comment:

  1. Well we both agree this is a good one :D
    "City Drops Into The Night","It's Too Late",of course "People Who Died" solid elpee top to bottom!

    ReplyDelete