Monday 31 May 2010

School of Lazy Journalism 1

If I had a penny for every time I've read 'He could have been in Led Zeppelin, you know' or some such. Aside from a ripple of reappraisal when 'River' was rereleased about 10 years ago, that's all you seem to hear about Terry Reid. What fuckwits!

Although 'River' gets its rightful props, it's 'Seed of Memory' for me. One of the greatest West Coast albums you've [maybe] never heard. Another album that created its own world and would never have happened if that Zeppelin thing ever came off. A glorious win-win; we got Zep and Terry.

This boy was born to sing and I'm proud to report he still does with the same passion and seat-of-your-pants delivery that hums on my balls and shakes me to my goddamn soul.

Go ahead. Mellow your stressed-out, constipated self.Click

2 comments: